Pacific Orchid Exposition

by Heguiberto on March 11, 2011

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Some of the weirdcombos went to the Pacific Orchid Expo last Sunday, held at Fort Mason in San Francisco. This was such a lovely event, which especially lifted our spirits on a cold, rainy, dreary day. None of us had ever seen so many orchids in so many shapes, sizes and colors before. It really was stunning. So today, instead of a food or wine story, we offer you a glimpse of these beautiful, fragrant and mysterious flowers. Sometimes it is enough to merely be pretty. We hope that you enjoy the show as much as we did. Happy weekend!

Heavenly Housewife March 11, 2011 at 4:37 am

What an exquisite selection of orchid photos. They make me want to fill my house with beautiful flowers (but hubbs is super allergic to certain pollens).
Do stop by my place and enter my giveaway for an $80 Amazon gift card!

LeQuan March 11, 2011 at 7:00 am

Orchids are definitely some of the most beautiful flowers in the world, and my favorite. You’ve taken some gorgeous shots here. I’ve enjoyed scrolling through these photos and being mesmerized by their beauty. Thank you for sharing.
LeQuan recently posted..Metabolism- I want to be Friends Again Let me Bribe you with a RecipeMy Profile

Shelley March 11, 2011 at 11:24 am

So lovely! Thanks for sharing the pics. I’m so excited that my orchid is about to bloom. This is the first time I’ve actually kept a plant alive to re-bloom next season. I’m like a proud mama cat purring over it. Happy weekend to ya’ll too!
Shelley recently posted..Country Loaf with Homemade Pimento CheeseMy Profile

Kevin Gibbs March 11, 2011 at 12:37 pm

ohhhhh…I wish you had invited me to go. You know how I love the orchids and the unreal vanilla with chocolate cymbidiums in your photo are exquisite.

Heguiberto March 11, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Kevin,
I will make sure I do for the next one. The had a pretty amazing selection from different parts of the world, many winners of prizes. We loved the the Dracula orchids.
I should’ve learned more about their respective names I could name them properly 🙂
H

Heguiberto March 11, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Shelley I know the feeling. I have a beautiful purple orchid in bloom right now at home. Mine I rescued from the street. Have a great weekend too. H

Sommer@ASpicyPerspective March 12, 2011 at 7:15 am

Wow! What gorgeous shots! I just bought me first orchid–we’ll see how it goes….
Sommer@ASpicyPerspective recently posted..Almond Butter Chocolate Chunk CookiesMy Profile

Pedro March 12, 2011 at 12:58 pm

Maravilhosas!
O que a globalização, encontramos todos essas orquideas aqui no Brasil.
Será que nao foram todas de nossas florestas?

Aldy March 13, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Hi Heguiberto, Breath-Taking shots! I love flowers and these selection of orchids are definitely gorgeous!

Cheers,